Q. Why would Deep End Fitness™ be a great business to have?
● The Health and Fitness Industry is a $37 BILLION a year industry, and is expected to increase 8.7% per year. The market size of “Fitness & Mind-body” grew from $542 billion in 2015 to $595.4 billion in 2017 at an average annual growth rate of 4.8%.
● An upward trend exists toward an overall well-being that incorporates both physical and emotional health. Mind-Body practices have steadily risen over the last 20 years.
● The Fitness niche is an $84 Billion dollar industry and growing each year as people are living longer and becoming more conscious of their health.
● Studies have shown Chlorinated swimming pool water can kill COVID virus in just 30 seconds. The CDC states that there are no reports of the virus that causes COVID-19 spreading to people through the water, making it a safe and effective way to exercise.
Q. How is Deep End Fitness different from other programs?
A. It is based in deep Neurophysiological Performance Enhancement. “DEF™ training unlocks performance breakthroughs by improving athletes coping, enhancing mental toughness, improving top-down cognitive control, and activating biochemical signaling pathways that have been shown to reduce the deleterious effects of stress and inflammation.” Unlike anything in the aquatic training arena at this time. It is recovery based, with elements to improve your mental edge and uses underwater training benefits like C02 tolerance and static pressure.
Q. Do I have to be a DEF Instructor or even know how to do swim to own a Deep End Fitness™ pool location?
A. We prefer those who have training experience but you may also hire qualified local instructors as independent contractors that help run your business. You determine how much time you want to spend in your pool. We include Tier 1 and Tier 2 Certifications, as well as our F.R.E.E. Your Mind Performance Course with your license to give you the tools necessary to run a safe and effective program.
Q. How much time per week would this business Q. How Do You Know If You are a Good Fit?entail?
A. At DEF, we carefully select individuals and team members to grow the team and fully believe in Quality over Quantity. We look for team members who:
– Demonstrate integrity, merit based leadership and actions
– Risk Management
– Operate out of full accountability
– Fitness minded
– Business Acumen
– Financial Stability
– Aligned with UTL/DEF Vision & Culture
UTL / DEF Vision: To create a global positive shift in human performance through unique aquatic programs to enhance mental and physical abilities.
Q. What is the application process like to become a DEF Licensee?
A. Deep End Fitness holds a high standard for choosing its Licensees. It is imperative that this program is run by professionals that have a background in coaching, leadership and high risk training. The application process DEF uses helps protect the brand integrity and the safety of those who will partake in this training. The application and a signed NDA are your first steps to become a DEF Licensee.your business will need. Instructors will naturally come to you with enthusiasm and excitement because you will offer them something different than other fitness programs.
Q. How much time per week would this business entail?
This depends on how much time you want to devote to your business. The choice is up to you. You can hold as many pool sessions as you like, and may decide to hire additional instructor staff and set-up resources to hold more sessions. If you are working full-time on the business, with one associate supporting admin, sessions and set up, you could feasibly hold 6 sessions per weekend, which would typically take Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and Sunday morning. You also need to allow time for the following which can be completed at any time to suit your personal schedule:
● Athlete consultations / inquiries
● Instructor mentorship
● Marketing / Networking
● General office administration; bookkeeping
Q. What specific skills do I need to operate a DEF™?
A. You should have the ability to make decisions, safely instruct a group of individuals, be motivated, organized, and be willing to do simple steps and put in the time to get your business off the ground. We’ll teach you what you need to know in our exclusive DEF™ Roadmap to Success—how we set up our business & created a 6-Figure Income. You will soon be attracting instructors who have like values, interests, skills and expertise that your business will need. Instructors will naturally come to you with enthusiasm and excitement because you will offer them something different than other fitness programs.
Q. Is becoming a Licensee more profitable than being a Franchisee?
A. Yes! For three reasons:
- You pay NO ROYALTIES like you do in Franchising, therefore you can potentially add additional income/savings of $200K-500K over 5 years as a Licensee!
- You are not required to use Franchisor’s vendors, contractors, carpenters, suppliers etc. that Franchisor’s make extra profit on!
- You do not have to have $100K-300K in net worth or capital to “qualify” to become a Licensee as you do as a Franchisee. (Average in U.S. to qualify for a Franchise.)
Q. Who decides what my pricing for classes, retail and programs are going to be?
A. You do. We provide you with a suggested pricing structure, but you will make the final determination about your fees based on your knowledge of the local market.
Q. How much money can I make per DEF ™ pool?
A. Gross annual sales of $50K to $300K+ or more are possible depending on the size of the pool, how many classes are scheduled, and what type of programming you implement. DEF licensing can also lead to Franchise opportunities or affiliation or partnership with UTL. UTL and DEF create a brand halo effect and cross-pollination of individuals that watch UTL online or on TV will look to see how the athletes are training. UTL athletes train with DEF and promote DEF, it will only continue to feed athletes and clients into the different areas and key areas where priorities and demand signals for expansion are high. In summary, UTL and DEF feed clients to each other and reinforce safety, training, and culture standards and principles throughout our entire community and viewer base.
Q. What would my start-up costs be?
A. This will vary depending on the individual type of establishment you choose, how many square feet, and how many pool lanes are open for rental. Most regular fitness programs working capital requirements can be up to $200K-$250K. DEF™ Licensees working capital ranges from $2,000-$10,000.
Q. How is my area defined and protected?
A. Your License will contain a “Defined Market Area” and will be set on a case-by-case basis that is based on city, zip codes or area population. Our commitment to you, our Licensee is to not sub-license within your geographical area that you are licensing. Area sizes may vary depending upon: Population, Density, Traffic Counts, and Zoning.
Q. How many “locations” can I open in my area?
A. Licensee may have more than 1 pool/ area in their licensed area. Multiple DEF™ Licenses will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
Q. How long will it take to get started?
A. Typically you can get going within 30-60 days depending on how long it takes to complete the following steps:
- You will sign a Non-Disclosure agreement to be emailed back to us within 48 hours. (This must be done first, as our DEF™ Licensing System falls under Trade Secret law.) Fill out our application and send it with your signed NDA to firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (562)881-6136
- Once you send that back, we will schedule a personal time to talk with you to make sure we are a good fit.
- After our talk, if you want to proceed, you’ll be sent an Intent to License Agreement.
- You will sign this agreement and put down a $2,000, non-refundable deposit, with Visa/Mastercard or a Cashier’s Check. At that point, when we receive your signed Intent to License, we will STOP talking to other potential DEF™ Training Center owners in your city until we complete our agreement.
- You then sign the Licensing Agreement (this can take 2 days to three weeks depending on your attorney.) The Licensing Agreement can not be modified.
- Once we have finalized the Licensing Agreement, you’ll be sent our Proprietary System for the Deep End Fitness™ which is called “Deep End Fitness Roadmap to Success” and we will set up our first consultation of the 15 hours of free consulting that comes with your License.
Q. Can the Licensing Agreement be modified by my attorney?
A. No, the Licensing Agreement can not be modified or changed.
Q. Can I skip steps and move directly to the Licensing Agreement?
A. The Non-Disclosure must be signed, but you may choose to skip the Intent to License and move directly to the Licensing Agreement. You will still put down a
non-refundable deposit of $2,000, then proceed to sign the Licensing Agreement to reserve your area while we finalize all the details.
Q. What happens after I License a DEF™ Training Center for my area?
A. You will receive DEF™’s Roadmap to Success, our proprietary information about how we became successful with tips for potential annual sales of $50K to $300K+ or more. This guide provides you with valuable knowledge regarding how we made our decisions, ways to save time and money, our proven business methods from initial start-up to hiring & training, basic accounting, marketing, and pool acquisition suggestions.
Q. How long will it take to open a DEF™ Training Center?
A. If you have an existing space, or pool, it can be as soon as 8 weeks, if you don’t, it can be 3-8 months depending on certain variables that can make it go faster or slow it down. In our DEF™ Roadmap to Success, we show you what we did and what mistakes NOT to make with pool rentals, set up, etc. that could cost you thousands of dollars.eting, and pool acquisition suggestions.
Q. OK, I want to get started right now, what should I do?
● Download and sign the DEF™ “Non Disclosure Agreement.” ● Download and fill out the Preliminary Questionnaire
● Email both of these documents back to email@example.com within 48 hours. This is a mandatory step.
● Upon receipt of these documents, we will confirm with you that the city/town under consideration by you is available.
● Then, we will send you a link to schedule a personal telephone conversation with us.
● After our talk, if you want to proceed, we will send you an “Intent to License Agreement.”
● You will sign the Agreement and provide your non-refundable deposit of $2,000 as a cashier’s check, Pay-pal or with a credit card.
● You will return the Licensing Agreement within 30 days.
● Once finalized, and we receive the balance of your licensing fee, we will send our Proprietary System for the Deep End FitnessTM Licensing Opportunity to you.
We look forward to welcoming you into the DEF ™ family!